Saturday, July 23, 2016

Rudy Giuliani on "Face the Nation", His Thoughts About Black Lives Matter and Police as Targets

I am a middle aged white guy and I am afraid of the police. When I was a teenager some stupid police in a small town in Illinois incorrectly arrested me and put me in jail for stealing a car. At the time I owned two cars and a motorcycle, common sense helps if you are going to be a police detective. I was very ambitious and hard working from an early age and graduated from Illinois State University at age 19. I was also attacked and beaten by seven black guys when I was in high school in the poorer suburbs of Chicago and my Grandmother lived in the dangerous south side of Chicago and I visited her often. So I have first hand knowledge about black lives and Chicago. When I think about my history I look at it as a learning experience that 98% of white people have never encountered. The saying "If it does not kill you it makes you stronger" means more if you have ever survived living in the south side of Chicago.
I will never forget how terrible it is when the police make a serious mistake.

Rudy Giuliani has a lot of common sense and tremendous experience as a prosecutor before becoming mayor of New York City. The following is his interview from the TV show "face the nation". The guy interviewing Mr. Giuliani does a terrible job and keeps interrupting him.