Wednesday, March 16, 2016

President Obama Nominates Merrick Garland for the US Supreme Court, He Deserves a Fair Hearing by Republicans

I try to stay away from politics as much as possible and I am not affiliated with any political party.
So I am not a Republican and I am not a Democrat.
I have mixed feelings about President Obama, however I consider him highly intelligent.
Today President Obama nominated Merrick Garland, and he deserves a fair hearing.

This man has done a stellar job for the USA and he has earned the right to be on the USA Supreme Court. US Senator Angus King has similar views to mine. If you read the US Constitution it makes it clear that Merrick Garland should receive a fair hearing.
The founding fathers would be appalled that the Republican party would even dare to suggest such a devious political maneuver in order to circumvent the "true and original intent" of the written text in the US Constitution. Who cares about debatable political precedent, the words in the Constitution are all that really matters.
Sometimes I smile that even though I do not like Hillary Clinton and I think she is a liar, on some issues I agree 100% with her. I believe the issue is that Democrats and Republicans do not like the fact that the USA Constitution can be a "double edged" sword.

I even feel this way about the Constitution sometimes.

I ask all USA citizens to contact their US Senator and demand that Merrick Garland be given a fair hearing as the US Constitution requires. It bothers me when all these hypocrites (e.g. Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham) claim they support the "original" meaning of the the US Constitution, then raise the bible in one hand and make up ridiculous interpretations of the Constitution creators.
I am still amazed every single day by how magnificently smart the founding fathers of the US Constitution were and how they could have had so much fore-site over 200 years ago.