Friday, June 08, 2018

Anthony Bourdain dead at 61, he committed suicide by hanging himself in a Kaysersberg France hotel room

Every year 800,000 people commit suicide. 

People who are depressed feel hopeless which leads to suicide. Please seek help as depression and hopelessness can be treated by medical professionals, there is hope.


Anthony Bourdain was in the Le Chambard hotel in Kaysersberg France. He was working on his CNN TV show when his close friend and chef Eric Ripert found Mr. Bourdain dead in his hotel room. Anthony hung himself, and left no note or letter explaining why he killed himself.
As a fan of Mr. Bourdain's TV show, I had no idea he was depressed and I would have never suspected he might decide to take his own life. It just proves no matter how successful and fun a persons life my appear to be, we do not know about their inner mental illness demons that may be impacting a persons thoughts.
There was one small warning sign that Mr. Bourdain suffered from depression. While he was in Argentina he saw a therapist and made the following comments:
He went on to visit a therapist and talk about his relationship with food and how it sometimes sends him into a depression. “I will find myself in an airport, for instance, and I'll order an airport hamburger. It's an insignificant thing, it's a small thing, it's a hamburger, but it's not a good one,” he explained to the therapist. “Suddenly I look at the hamburger and I find myself in a spiral of depression that can last for days."
I feel very sorry for his 11 year old daughter as she may have mental issues for the rest of her life due to this tragedy. 


*