Update: Eight months after I first wrote this article Bing search results are still better than Google search results. Everything I state below is still correct.
Today in my opinion the quality of Bing's search results are better overall than Google search results. In the past I never used Bing and now I am using it more often than Google.
The big change came in May of 2013 when Google started using its newest algorithms with very poor results. Known top quality web sites were pushed down and lame, crappy and unreliable sites were put at the top of Google search results. There are many cases where "landing pages" with the exact keyword match in the domain name and literally zero content are ranked #1 for some fairly important keyword phrases. This is especially upsetting to webmasters as Google makes videos telling webmasters to focus on content and that website owners should not worry about search engine optimization.
Even after many people have complained Google has not fixed the quality of their search results yet. Furthermore Google continues to treat webmasters poorly.
What do I mean?
1. Google continues to unfairly penalize good web sites; I have given proof and written several articles about this serious problem. Google's staff can not even implement Google's own guidelines and rules properly.
2. Google continues to deny that any negative SEO even happens and that SEO sabotage is not possible, when I have personally seen many cases of this and there are many companies marketing these negative SEO services.
So no matter what bullshit claims and excuses Google comes up with, the bottom line is they have made several wrong strategic decisions and implemented a set of defective new algorithms, which have harmed their search results.
3. Google has decided to squeeze all the money out of web Publishers that run Google Ads on their websites. I talk with many hundreds of successful Internet publishers and I hear story after story of people that used to earn $11,000 per month from Google Adsense and now they earn $2,000 per month. You ask how this is possible.
Well Google makes you sign an agreement that they will pay you by a secret formula, which Google will not reveal. Yes as crazy as it sounds many people agree to this and whenever Google decides they can take as much money as they like and the Publisher is left with crumbs.
So why is Google not losing market share to Bing yet?
I think they will over time unless Google straightens out and starts treating Internet publishers better and quickly improves their current poor search results.
Currently Google still has 67% of search market share, and Bing has 29%, this includes Yahoo, since Bing provides all search results to Yahoo.
This is a good question to ask people to find out what level of knowledge they have about the search engine industry.
If a person does not know Bing provides all search results to Yahoo, then you know you are talking with someone that is ignorant of the search engine industry.
Frankly I wish better search engine companies would spring up and start giving Google even more competition. I do not think Google is going to take any steps to fix the problems I mention above unless they start losing some market share.
In some ways it is sad to me, as I used to be very loyal to Google and now that Google treats me and all of its other clients/customers so poorly I am promoting and asking people to try Bing and other search engines. I think the big problem for Google is many people are starting to see this in similar ways I am seeing it.
I think the part that bothers me the most is all the unfair penalties Google gives to web site owners.
* After I wrote this article I did a search on Google for "tom forrest htpcompany" and compared it to Bing's results.
Guess what Bing won, however how can Google screw up a basic targeted specific search like "tom forrest htpcompany"?
Google has had this example search correct for over eight years and now based on their new defect algorithms Google cannot even get this simple search right.
- SEO Process Overview
- Contact Us
- Tom Forrest LLC Press Releases
- GotoTom SEO Tools
- Site Map
- Global News
- Fake Google Reviews and Fake Google Accounts
- List of Directory Submission Sites That Google Likes
- SEO Link Building Service
- Why Links are so Important to the Internet
- PayPal $$$ to Me
- Help Wanted - We are Hiring People
- How Safe Are Password Managers?
- Phone: 800-213-8530
- Google Store - 1 Year Free Password Manager License
- See Screen Shots of My OnlinePasswordManager Account