Google knows about this huge abuse I discuss below and has done nothing about it.
I did a Google search on " blog.txt theme by Scott and sponsored by Flower Delivery"
Very interesting to me that it is a clear abuse, and appears to me to be helping all wrong doers with high PageRank and high rankings on Google for their important keywords.
Please see the first result of my Google search:
This is an example of the "obvious low hanging paidlink spam fruit" I am talking about.
I was reading a well known web designers site and he made some interesting points, to bad he does not know he is in danger by linking to a well know text link brokers web site. He makes the following and I beleive correct and insightful comments about dealing with web advertising clients.
- I think my first mistake right off the bat was offering too many choices.
- I ended up simplifying things within a couple days, dropping some of the ad options.
- People need to be able to see value and if there are too many choices, it makes it difficult for them to make any choice at all.
- People also tend to ask more questions to clarify any comparison between the ad options, so the more ad options the more questions people ask.
- That is why we try to get them to make a small purchase and then ask them to buy more later. Sometimes they buy multiple ads over a 3-5 day period. The key is to get them into the buying mode and away from all the questions.
- Keeping it simple makes it easier for everybody.