Search engine optimization is the process of optimizing a website to perform better or rank higher in search engine results pages. Web sites that rank high in search engines generate tremendous business from those searching for services, products, and/or companies to do business with.
Every business online needs to be visible where their customers are searching. This need sparks an entire industry of professionals who study search engine results and search engine algorithms to better predict how to optimize web pages to appear near or at the top. This industry is referred to as "SEO" or search engine optimization.
Some believe that as the actual "optimization" process becomes increasingly difficult, that the optimization aspect of the business deteriorates and leaves only the process of an overall understanding of how search engines work and making educated guesses at how to use search engine marketing techniques in general to increase visibility.
Return to the top of this page.
- SEO Process Overview
- Contact Us
- Tom Forrest LLC Press Releases
- GotoTom SEO Tools
- Site Map
- Global News
- List of Directory Submission Sites That Google Likes
- SEO Link Building Service
- Why Links are so Important to the Internet
- PayPal $$$ to Me
- Help Wanted - We are Hiring People
- How Safe Are Password Managers?
- Phone: 800-213-8530
- See Screen Shots of My OnlinePasswordManager Account
- Register to use OnlinePasswordManager