Wednesday, March 01, 2017

The Optimal Low Cost Mobile Office System, the Best Inexpensive Technology to Use for Your Mobile Office

I have been traveling a lot on business lately and soon will be going on a five month trip around the USA.

On this business trip I am driving with my dog Bella and staying at a combination of hotels, airbnb.com, VRBO.com, etc. I like to use Tripping.com .

So I need a very powerful, light, easy to use and low cost mobile office. I started thinking about this several years ago when my friend John C. was traveling around the USA, and this also works internationally. If you are driving you can take a lot more interesting office and entertainment technology toys with you compared to flying.

The basic Components I use and Recommend for my Traveling Office are:

1. Asus ZenBook

2. Samsung J3 Smart phone ($150) with the Samsung Gear S2 watch.
youtube.com/watch?v=XIXIhltJ6YI

youtube.com/watch?v=eit26kCO75Q

I had a few minor problems getting Outlook emails to work on the G2. I had to turn off WiFi on the Gear S2 watch, or no emails came to my Samsung smartphone or the G2 watch.
Also there is some sort of sync problem with gmail, so I had to delete the gmail application (app) from my smartphone. Now my Outlook emails go to both the Gear S2 watch and the Samsung smartphone. It works just like the AT&T video says. The Gear S2 is by far the leader in the wearable market and offers vastly superior functionality over it's competitors.

Also you my want to set up phone forwarding and ring times.
The following works:

On most Droids, and most carriers:
This works on the AT&T Network

1. Dial *#61# and tap Send (phone). You will see your Call Forwarding number and the current ring delay time.
2. Write down the phone number displayed (including +1).
3. Dial **61*+1xxxyyyzzzz*11*30# and hit Send. +1xxxyyyzzzz is the number you wrote down previously, 30 is the delay in seconds. The delay can be set in 5 second increments, 30 is the maximum.
4. Dial *#61# to verify that the new settings are active.

3. You need the AT&T unlimited plan with DirecTV to make this all work at a low cost. Now I can watch TV on my smart phone all day long and have a fixed cost. So if you use a different network than AT&T I suggest you sign up for an unlimited data plan, as watching videos takes a lot of data downloading, and would be too expensive for most people without an unlimited data plan. This unlimited data is also helpful as I drive around to different states listening to Pandora.

4. For the Router you want the Asus 802.11ac Router
I configure mine as a wireless "Access Point", then I can just plug my Asus 802.11ac wireless router into any other router encountered during my travels.


5. I also suggest the AT&T Microcell

6. You need a device like the LOHA Flexible Tripod

This video is very useful.



7. I use the Anker Docking Station.

8. So when driving I take an acer 27" monitor with me.