Thursday, September 01, 2016

Alphabet's Financial Information, Moonshot Projects, X Labs Astro Teller

I am out of the 110 degree heat of the Nevada desert and I am cooling off for a few days in Half Moon Bay, CA. It was 54 degrees at 7:17 am.
I like Sam's Coffee Shop, and reading the Daily Post. I have a very nice android smart phone, yet sometimes I prefer to read an old fashioned newspaper. The Daily Post has an outstanding article about Alphabet and their X Labs.
Please watch this video below by Astro Teller who manages all the the X Labs projects. What a fun and exciting job he has.
Google lost $3,600,000,000 on X Labs last year and it is okay because Google is the most financially successful company in the entire history of business. Charlie Rose did an interview of Eric Schmidt who explains this, and why Google (now Alphabet) invests such a large amount of money into X Labs. Astro Teller talks about many X Lab projects including Project Loon in his presentation below.