Thursday, August 25, 2016

Tom Uglow: An Internet Without Screens Might Look Like This

This is a very interesting video and I think some of this gentleman's design ideas are brilliant, plus he has a good name.
So if you watch this and then watch Dr. Kleinrock (1 of 4 fathers of the Internet), then look at my software product for online password management, you will see how I worked with Ariel my Chief Software Architect to implement some of these design ideas into our software. There is no right or wrong in design, just personal preferences. If we make the correct design choices hopefully the people of the world will like our software products. A good design is liked by the majority of people, e.g. when the first Apple ipod and iphone came out, people all over the planet loved the design.
We offer a one year free license with a very cool Google Chrome plugin that safely remembers all your logins and passwords.
It is funny because Mr. Uglow mentions the concept of a "fork" in his presentation, and I agree with him. Too many products especially software products try to do "too much", then they are no longer simple to use like a fork.

I thought of a great picture to demonstrate exactly what I mean in design. The picture below is a fantastic product that is wonderful to use if you are going camping. Also if you make a spreadsheet check box of features this will win over a fork. This is how I feel big "online reviewers" like, cnet, pcworld, etc. approach reviewing software products on the market today.
The truth is 99% of the time I need and want to use a product with less features that is safer and easier to use (e.g. a fork).
More software features and integrated multiple applications does lead to more doorways for hackers to break in.