Thursday, April 09, 2015

Google-mobile-Bootstrap-framework-responsive-design

Below are emails about why and how we are fixing a website to become a responsive web site design that passes the Google Mobile Test.
As mentioned in a previous post, this is a big deal for 4-21-15.


Please see details below.

For some sites it may be better just to start over using the Bootstrap Framework.
Top 5 Reasons to Use the Bootstrap Framework. In other cases you may only need to add some code for "media query in CSS".
Please see:
https://developers.google.com/webmasters/mobile-sites/mobile-seo/configurations/responsive-design?hl=en

Besides using the Google mobile test, you should also run:
https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.onlinepasswordmanager.org%2F

You will see more website optimization information by running both Google tests.


From: Tom Forrest
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 11:50 AM
To: Ariel L
Cc: johnc; Ronald A; Tom Forrest
Subject: RE: We have to fix HTPcompany.com for mobile next week. Please see blog article http://gototom2.blogspot.com/2015/04/google-mobile-test.html

Hello Ariel,

Yes I like the Bootstrap framework idea, as I think this is best for a pure “responsive and mobile friendly site."

We are going to need to help some of our clients with this also.

I am limiting who I am telling about this, as we will quickly become overloaded with website development and programming work.

Tom Forrest

From: Ariel L
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 11:44 AM
To: Tom Forrest
Cc: Ronald A
Subject: RE: We have to fix HTPcompany.com for mobile next week. Please see blog article http://gototom2.blogspot.com/2015/04/google-mobile-test.html

My best option for redesigning it would be to use Bootstrap framework for responsive and mobile friendly site.

I can ask Ronald to do a simple template design proposal so you can select maybe 5 design template proposal or 3 to start.

But I’ll give my final suggestion once I’m done checking the needed changes. I want to utilize what we currently have to avoid long dev times.

For the meantime Ronald, please start conceptualizing and materializing the designs just incase. And only if you don’t have other work to do.

Thanks

Ariel

From: Tom Forrest
Sent: Tuesday, April 7, 2015 2:40 AM
To: Ariel L
Cc: Ronald A; Tom Forrest
Subject: RE: We have to fix HTPcompany.com for mobile next week. Please see blog article http://gototom2.blogspot.com/2015/04/google-mobile-test.html

Hello Ariel,

We can make design decisions that might help make the fixes easier for you.

I do not care if HTPcompany.com looks so fancy, I want a responsive design that is simple, clean and elegant.  I noticed Google Blogger does a very good job at this.

This site is used by people that know us already and by new prospects that find us on the Internet via Google and Bing searches.

Tom

From: Ariel L
Sent: Monday, April 06, 2015 11:34 AM
To: Tom Forrest; Ronald A
Cc: johnc
Subject: RE: We have to fix HTPcompany.com for mobile next week. Please see blog article http://gototom2.blogspot.com/2015/04/google-mobile-test.html

OK Tom, I have used Google Pagespeed so I’m familiar with it already. I will work with Ronald on this.

This will need many changes though especially on CSS, javascripts, HTML encoding, and many images.

I will need the whole site backed up completely for this just incase.

Major CSS recoding or css framework conversion might be needed. I will have to check the site as this was coded by the India Team before so I’m not so familiar with how it is coded.

This will take time to finish though give us up to a week.

Ariel